Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Teacher Appreciation Week

This week is Teacher Appreciation Week. This week my parents took me out to lunch & gave me a Teacher Appreciation card thanking me for educating their grandchildren. It meant the world to me.

I know some of you don't have that kind of support, so I just want to tell all of you homeschool teachers that I appreciate you & so do your kids. You are doing one of the hardest jobs in the world. Not only are you parenting your kids, you are also their teachers!

As a homeschool teacher, you give up a lot of things. You give up any time off. You give up having a neat house. You give up a 2nd income. You give up "me" time.

But, you gain so much more. You gain the satisfaction of knowing your kids are getting the best education for them. You gain getting to "know" your kids. You gain getting to see your kids succeed & follow their passions without being interrupted by "school". You gain family time.

So, to all you homeschool teachers, I say thank you! You are training up the future leaders of our communities, our country & our world! Thank you for taking the time to make a difference. Thank you for investing in your own children! You are making a difference! You are the BEST teachers your children could have!

No comments:

Post a Comment